Arrogancy: Chapter Two Arrogancy: Chapter Two

Hey Arrogancey!

Havn't seen you on the DWS forums much lately. Anyway, you got a 5 from me. Keep it up - great work =)

arrogancy responds:

I left a message a few days ago. Don't worry, I plan to stop by there tomorrow when I finish the animation and upload it to my own site to spam.

A U R O R A: episode 3 A U R O R A: episode 3

Two thumbs up!

That was great - I enjoyed it (although I don't have sound on this comp). Damn!
The backgrounds were great and the fights were executed very well. Some more flashy moves would've been nice though.
I think the story could use a bit of work but even so, it doesn't detract from the overall value of "eye candy" it has. Reminds me of what I've done - You may wanna check it out =)

DBZ - Gohan Kills Cell DBZ - Gohan Kills Cell

No offence but...

It looks like all you've done was lift stills from the show, imported them into Flash and used the Trace Bitmap function.

So all I'm really watching is stills from the TV show with the only effort you've put into this movie being a bit of motion tweening and sound.

I could be wrong though.

MeXorZ responds:

your half right...i got pics and traced most of the pics...but i thought that maybe when i did the kamehameha scene i would use the trace bitmap thingy to give it a bit of a rough effect...
but the hardest thing was tracing the pics...some of the cell ones took me up to 30 mins.

Advanced FLASH tutorial Advanced FLASH tutorial

It's coloUr - muhahaha!

I came here thinking "oh - an ADVANCED flash tutorial". But it's just some bloody tweening and colour thingies. Not even executed right.

This has Noob written all over it. Sorry but it is aimed towards noobs. You talk about colour yet you don't mention the Flash colour wheel and colour channels. You talk about easing in and out yet you leave what the values in the easing window mean (ie - the value of the easing variable and the difference of positive and negative easing values).

An advanced tutorial will go beyond even these simple concepts and delve into actionscripting and other issues. At best this is a beginner/intermediate level tutorial and even that's pushing it. Sorry, but I can't agree that this tutorial is advanced or even laid out well =(

Golden Donkey part 1 Golden Donkey part 1

One major flaw...

It wasn't really a game but rather a "click here to advance the story" kind of thing.

Most of the time you could only do one thing. Still, it took most of my boredom away =)